[aur-general] Moving xss-lock to community

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Feb 3 13:25:13 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-03 14:00:29 (+0100), Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
> As far as I can tell, xss-lock is already run when I resume from a
> suspend.
Ah lol... I was under the impression, that xss-lock would need to be
told to lock.
It seems loginctl sends out the 'lock-sessions' after waking up from
suspend by default.

> I'm no systemd expert: what is the intent of the suggest systemd unit?
This would only ensure, that lock already happens right before suspend
(in the case, someone wants that).
This use-case gets around the problem of showing a small portion of
what's going on in your DE/WM right after suspend and only then
locking/blanking.
IMHO locking before suspend is preferred, but that's probably a matter
of taste.

Best,
David

--