[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Alad Wenter alad at mailbox.org
Fri Feb 9 21:12:25 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 09, 2018 at 09:50:23PM +0100, Marcin Wieczorek wrote:
> Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> writes:
> > I'm not sure if, in this case, he would need a sponsor or not. I don't
> > think we need to amend the bylaws to add this special case for a returning
> > TU, but I do think the standard procedure should be followed.
>
> One of you TU's can sponsor him right away then, right?

After taking a closer look, there's a few pain points.

* The originally sent email does not match the email Brad applied with
  in 2010. [1]
* There is no GPG signature, neither on the current application or the
  2010 application, as to remove doubts.
* The "itsbrad212" account is no longer present on AUR.
* The website on the archlinux.org TU Fellow page is no longer
  functional. [2]

There has been some recent activity on the "itsbrad212" forum account
(which was linked from the 2010 application), but I would not say this
is sufficient confirmation.

Alad

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2010-August/010049.html
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/people/trusted-user-fellows/#bfanella