[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Feb 12 07:46:12 UTC 2018

On 02/12/2018 02:28 AM, Brad Fanella via aur-general wrote:
> Do you still have access to your archweb account? If so, you could
> update that with your GPG key/new email address and post a confirmation
> email signed with that key to this thread. :D
>

> I don't believe Archweb was even active when I was a TU, sadly. :(
>
> I suppose the worst-case scenario would involve me reapplying in a more
> formal way. Although assuming this was indeed a case of "identity theft,"
> I'm not sure that would clear up doubts about malicious intent.

It's been around in some incarnation since 2007, and you have a
filled-in profile at
https://www.archlinux.org/people/trusted-user-fellows/#bfanella

So I assumed you must have at one point had access to it, even if it's
been long enough that you have forgotten and/or lost track -- I'm not
sure offhand what precise role it had at all stages Arch's history.

But there is also your BBS account mentioned in your original TU
application which jasonwryan confirmed is linked to this gmail address,
which seems to me to be a pretty reasonable indication that this email
address legitimately belongs to the same person. :)
(Thanks, Jason!)

Will have to see in the morning what everyone else thinks though. If you
could get in and update your archweb profile that would definitely be
preferable.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User