[aur-general] TU (re-)Application

Brad Fanella bradfanella at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 20:30:09 UTC 2018

On 02/12/2018 06:52 AM, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> Brad, please create a new AUR account, as you will need one to interact
> with the AUR for various TU duties if you are re-elected. (This is
> independent of whether you maintain *any* packages in the AUR, which I
> hope you will anyway, not that every current TU does).
>
> Please start signing your emails with a PGP key, it is good practice,
> and we will need your PGP key for the keyring and so forth if you get
> re-elected.
>
> Following which, I formally announce that on my prerogative as a TU, I
> am sponsoring Brad as a new TU applicant whether he needs it or not.
> The standard discussion period will commence from the time that email is
> sent.

Per Eli's email, I have gone ahead and created a new AUR account under
the alias "cesura" (my standard nick for the past few years). For
clarity's sake, I've also made my bugtracker account under the same
name. Based on the BBS policies, I don't believe a name change is
possible, and plan to keep "itsbrad212" on the forums for the time being
(as embarrassing as it may be).

This will be my standard PGP signature moving forward, and I have my
fingerprint set on the new AUR account. I'll use this email as an
extremely brief "application" of sorts, to potentially give a bit more
background and outline my immediate goals.

As some of you may already know, I was elected as a Trusted User back in
2010, and had a nice run of around 1000 svn commits (maybe exactly?). I
made the decision to step down as I did not feel like I had enough free
time to uphold my responsibilities. As a TU in 2018, there would be a
few projects that I'd like to tackle first, notably the MATE desktop and
a few other orphaned packages that have drifted away from upstream versions.

Lastly, thank you to Eli Schwartz for the sponsorship, and if there are
any outstanding questions for me, don't hesitate to ask.

Brad Fanella