[aur-general] Special Removal of an Inactive TU: speps

Thorsten Toepper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Wed Jan 17 23:18:01 UTC 2018

On 17.01.2018 19:51, Balló György via aur-general wrote:
> The voting is over. Results:
>
> Yes: 33
> No: 5
> Abstain: 5
>
> This means that speps is no longer a Trusted User.
>
> --
> György Balló
> Trusted User

I'm no longer a TU so I can't see how active both speps and faidoc have
been regarding participation in the votes. Yet the TU-Bylaws are pretty
strict and given that Bluewind/Florian pointed out during the discussion
period that both TUs had participated in proposal 99 that started on
December 18 2017 which is in my TZ now exactly one month ago. Therefore
the second requirement, to NOT do any special action on the AUR
requiring TU privileges is not fulfilled, as participating in votes is
exactly one of these TU privileges. Also the alternative option with
inactivity due to non-participation in votes has been invalidated by
this participation. Unless of course there have been six such votes
before, again I can't see that nor if they themselves participated in
the votes for proposal 100 and 101.

So I question whether both votes 100 and 101 have been valid and should
have been created at all as the requirements for a removal vote defined
in the TU-Bylaws have not been fulfilled.

The Bylaws don't exist without reason and these actions were initiated
with references to them so I assume that we agree that they need to be
respected as they currently are. If anyone sees the requirement to
change the bylaws a new thread for a discussion about changing the
bylaws can be started and depending on how this comes to an end it's
possible to repeat such votes for faico and speps.

Cheers,
Thorsten, who resigned September 2017