[aur-general] [PRQ#10789] Merge Request for remarkable-webkit2gtk

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 4 00:30:29 UTC 2018

On 03/03/2018 07:22 PM, Mikael Blomstrand via aur-general wrote:
> I just made a merge-request for a package I maintain. But I'm curious
> about what this actually means in practice when it's merged.
>
> Will current users be notified in some way? Will they be redirected to
> the new package? Or is it just about the votes?
>
> If users are not notified, is there a smart way to make them move to the
> new package before deleting?

If they are getting notifications for the package, then leaving a
comment for the old package is a good idea and will give them a heads-up.
Which you've done, so that's all that can really be expected of you. :)

But fundamentally, this is all about the votes and comments. Most
commonly, I think, merge requests are used to join together two packages
for a split package (in which case they will continue to get the same
pkgname under a different pkgbase).

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User