[aur-general] Taking over Discord-PTB

Morgan Adamiec morganamilo at gmail.com
Tue May 1 07:02:57 UTC 2018

On 1 May 2018 at 07:53, Eli Schwartz via aur-general
<aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 05/01/2018 02:38 AM, Morgan Adamiec via aur-general wrote:
>> Hi, a week ago i submitted an orphan request for Discord-PTB
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/discord-ptb/. It finally got
>> accepted but the co-maintainer 'discordapp' got set as the maintainer
>> so I can not adopt this package.
>>
>> As far as I know 'discordapp' is an account owned by one of the
>> Discord devs, I believe it's just there in case they need it, the
>> account does not seem to actively do anything nor reply to comments.
>
> If the future maintainer wishes give them co-maintainer access, that is
> their prerogative of course, but this hardly seems like the way
> maintainership should be handled. o_O
>
> Normally comaintainers are elevated because there is some solid reason
> they wanted to be one in the first place.
>
>> I would hate to wait another week for an orphan request to go through,
>> is there a way this could be bypassed as I did just wait a week?
>
> Done, all three of them were disowned by the previous maintainer, so
> I've gone the next step and removed this "official account" thing. I'm
> not sure I'm terribly fond of the whole idea, it reminds me far too much
> of squatting. :(
>
> --
> Eli Schwartz
> Bug Wrangler and Trusted User

Saw the package get disowned right after I sent the email, thanks for
the speedy action.

I'll leave discordapp off of the co-maintainer list for now then, they
didn't seem to use it anyway. If they wanna work something out in the
future that you're more happy with I'll add them back.