[aur-general] Packaging all CRAN packages for R

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Sat May 26 17:32:57 UTC 2018

On 05/26/2018 06:04 PM, Alex Branham via aur-general wrote:
> Is this something people would like to have in the AUR? I figured I
> should ask before adding ~12.5k packages.

I'd recommend doing it like anatolik with his 'quarry' project (ruby),
he's got the scripts on github[0], and hosts the packages
in a custom repo[1]. Much like quarry, you probably don't want to
blanket-provide all 12.5k R packages, so a whitelist of targets would
be a sensible solution.

[0] https://github.com/anatol/quarry
[1] https://pkgbuild.com/~anatolik/quarry/
--