[aur-general] Email Reset

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 2 17:12:49 UTC 2018

On 10/31/18 7:55 AM, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> On 10/31/18 5:52 AM, pellertson at firemail.cc wrote:
>> I need help reseting my email address on my AUR account.  Recently lost
>> my old email address password so I've been migrating everything.  I have
>> the ssh keys for my account if proof is needed.
>>
>> - Parker
>
> Hi, so we can in fact do this since ssh keys can be used to
> cryptographically sign files.
>
> Please respond via private email with the following information:
>
> A plaintext file containing your AUR username, and your desired reset
> password.
> A signature file generated via the following command:
>
> openssl pkeyutl -sign -inkey ~/.ssh/my_aur_ssh_private_key -in
> the_plaintext_file > the_plaintext_file.sig
>
> Then I will verify this signature via the public key in your AUR
> profile, and change your password for you.

After receiving and verifying this, I've reset your account email -- I
suppose (even publicly) sending just the account information is
sufficient proof to simply change the email, after all.

Side note: your account had an associated PGP key, which you could have
used to sign a request as well.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User