[aur-general] Account Suspended, No Reason Given

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Sun Nov 4 01:18:12 UTC 2018

On 11/4/18 2:00 AM, shoober420 via aur-general wrote:
> I recently tried to be the maintainer for an package that hasn't been
> updated in quite some time. I've been using my own PKGBUILD for the
> particular package with great success, and currently am maintaining
> the "lib32-sdl2-hg" 32 bit version of this package.
>
> Upon request of this package, It was denied for no reason given,
You have, on the same day, posted four requests
(PRQ#13128, PRQ#13129, PRQ#13131, PRQ#13138)
each with the comment 'Yo I got this my dude.'
- instead of anything useful.

> except a disrespectful message from coderob and I quote.

You're greatly misrepresenting this case.
If anyone is being disrespectful here, that'd be you -
considering all of your 'high quality' requests,
and the fact that you've been posting passive-aggressive
comments on some of the packages in question - namely
'sdl2-hg' and 'lib32-tslib', thinking the maintainer rejected
your request out of spite or something.

The last request out of the bunch, PRQ#13138, was in response to
my closure of your requests.

> "come back with a better request, my dude"
>
> So I did, I requested to maintain the package again, and was denied,

Turns out, however, that 'YO I GOT THIS FOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAL'
is not a good, or even appropriate, request either.

> then my account got suspended. Whats the deal here? I wasn't warned
> about anything I may have done wrong

Your suspension will be lifted on the 9th,
that'll be one week since i suspended you.

Please think about the requests you post in the future,
and try not to misrepresent your complaints on the ML - we have logs.

--
Rob (coderobe)