[aur-general] Account Suspended, No Reason Given

Eric Waller ewwaller at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 04:26:25 UTC 2018

On 11/3/18 9:07 PM, shoober420 via aur-general wrote:
> Again, it seems some are glamorizing "bad" things I have done in the
> past, for all the good I have done, and will continue to do. Like
> mentioned, claiming I didn't try to contact the package maintainer of
> "sdl2-hg", when I most definitely did, over half a year ago.
>
> I most recently began to take action, because I have aquired a laptop
> a couple days ago, and can finally upload all the PKGBUILDs I've been
> using for alot of the packages that are out of date or missing
> completely.
>
> I was banned for "help vampire". I won't argue some of the incidents,
> because for the beginning, I was new to Arch. This is over 5 years
> ago. But towards the end, I did google and look at man pages for alot
> of things, and still got labled as being a "help vampire", because of
> my past. New accounts I made were for more help, or simply being found
> out it was me.
>
> If you let my "help vampiring" foreshadow all of the work I have
> contributed to Arch, and ignore all of the good I have done, which for
> sure outweighs my "help vampiring", then so be it.
>
> On 11/3/18, Eric Waller via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

>>> Yeah, the sort of “misunderstandings“ that saw you create an alt account
>>> after you were banned and then have that account banned. Twice.
>>>
>>> Trust me: we understand you well enough.
>>>
>>> /J
>>>
>> I read the mail lists, but do not often participate.  I tend to limit my
>> activities to the forums.  The forum administrators try to handle things
>> out of the public view.
>>
>> In this case, I will uncloak and state that I reiterate everything that
>> Jason has stated.  On the forums, we have had to take action on more
>> than one occasion against this individual that were not mere
>> misunderstandings. The subject of this email is persona non grata on the
>> forums having crossed several of the moderators.
>>
>> Eric Waller
>> (ewaller)

Allow me to point out that, after your original account was banned, you
also choose attempt to circumvent the ban by, against the forum's
standards, creating a new account which we also had to ban.  Here I
refer to https://bbs.archlinux.org/profile.php?id=107806
Note the github link in the signature.

Also, please do not top post.

Eric Waller