[aur-general] Account Suspended, No Reason Given

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sun Nov 4 11:32:27 UTC 2018

On 11/04/18 at 01:37am, shoober420 via aur-general wrote:
> I already did. I showed an example of how I contributed, and I already have
> two packages I was able to update and maintain. There would have been many
> more if I wasn't suspended for no good reason.

The reason was given here already, i.e. making (seemingly) bogus
requests. I guess marking inactive should also ask for a reason in the
future and mail that to the inactivee. That's something which I believe
does not exists yet.

> You blindly assuming I didn't contact the maintainer, then denying my
> request TWICE, not giving a reason TWICE, instead of actually discussing it
> with me why you denied my maintainership is not actually a reason to deny
> my request. Since you didn't explicitly claim why you denied it, having two
> times to do so, taunting me to request it again, technically is no reason
> to deny someones request.

As said before, it's common to first flag it out of date, wait for
results and then orphan it.

> Not only was no reason given to denying my request to maintain sdl2-hg, you
> gave no reason for suspending my account. FYI, "sdl2-hg" and
> "lib32-sdl2-hg" were both maintained by the same guy, so if you just handed
> over maintainership to me for "lib32-sdl2-hg" in a blink of an eye, there's
> no reason to do the same for "sdl2-hg", considering it was the same
> maintainer, and all the reasons I mentioned before, especcially the comment
> from "Teteros".

Different TU's accept AUR requests, and respond differently to requests
such as "Yo I got this my dude".

Anyway please take a deep breath, calm down and refrain from
re-iterating already mentioned statements. If you don't calm down, I
will moderate you here, since this discussion is not going anywhere.

> This all in all, is completely unprofessional, and for some of you to judge
> me and my actions...maybe you all should look at yourselfs before even
> considering judging me.

It's hard not to judge if you keep making/re-iterating the topic instead
of calming down. And asking in a friendly manner if your account can be
activated again.

--
Jelle van der Waa