[aur-general] PKGBUILD git remote branch issue

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 7 13:38:55 UTC 2018

On 11/7/18 8:17 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> building the Claws GTK3 port works, if I build from the branch like
> this:
>

> [rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ git clone git://git.claws-mail.org/claws.git
> [snip]
> [rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ cd claws
> [rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git fetch origin
> [rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ git branch --track gtk3 origin/gtk3
> Branch 'gtk3' set up to track remote branch 'gtk3' from 'origin'.

More convenient to use the following:

git clone --branch=gtk3 git://git.claws-mail.org/claws.git

> A developer mentions that I should build from the gtk3 branch:
> https://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2018-November/023176.html

> ...but don't know what "foo bar" to add to the source or how else to
> handle this by a PKGBUILD:
>
> [rocketmouse at archlinux claws]$ grep source /usr/src/claws-mail-gtk3-git/PKGBUILD
> source=('claws-mail::git://git.claws-mail.org/#FOO=BAR')
>

> Is there an easy way to do it?

As per the PKGBUILD(5) man page, use:

source=("git://example.com/reponame.git#FOO=BAR")

where FOO is either:
- tag
- branch
- commit

and BAR is the corresponding revision you wish to check out (in this
case the branch name is "gtk3")

So, #FOO=BAR would be #branch=gtk3

--
Eli Schwartz