[aur-general] chroot clean building and "http 429"

Morgan Adamiec morganamilo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 12:57:52 UTC 2018

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 at 12:49, hagar <hagar at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> G'Day all,
>
> I have been rebuilding all my packages properly in a clean chroot.
>
> I wwas writing a smaill script to put all the packages in order and I
> accidentaly got "http 429".
>
> Any Idea how long that lasts? - I figured out what caused it and fixed
> it. ( damned thing wasnt querying the PKGBUILDS but going online ).

Don't worry it only lasts a day.

> But my main question is how do you get around a circular dependancy. eg.
>
> mingw-w64-harfbuzz depends on - mingw-w64-freetype2
>
> mingw-w64-freetype2 depends on -mingw-w64-harfbuzz
>
> You cant build one unless the other is already built.

You'd want to bootstrap with a binary package.

if foo depends on bar and vice versa, build foo against a binary version of bar
then rebuild bar against your version of foo.

Another way if possible is to configure foo and disable any features
that require bar.
Then after building bar, rebuild a fully featured foo. Although I'm not sure if
freetype/harfbuzz can be configured this way