[aur-general] TU application: Daurnimator

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 28 15:20:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 02:03:33AM +1100, Daurnimator wrote:
> I'm applying to be a Trusted User; Foxboron has kindly sponsored me and has
> been mentoring me on the specifics over the last couple of months.

Yo!

I confirm my sponsorship of Daurnimator!

Because of the recent discussion regarding the TU application process, I'll also
write some words. Might be a good first step in the right direction.

Daurnimator reached out to Barthalion, Antonio and Anatol (I think) on the 6th
of September regarding the current state of our LUA packages where he wanted to
help improve the situation. Barthalion threw me into the mail chain on the 12th
of September, and I have been following up on him since then :)

I have also done two reviews of his AUR packages to the best of my ability (I
don't know LUA very well). One when we initially started talking in September,
and last one before the application was sent. Most of the "errors" where
stylistic, and some mistakes when downloading sources where they where not named
properly. They have been fixed and daurnimator has also sought advice in
#archlinux-aur when my explanations where not on point.

All-in-all I have a very positive experience with working with him during this
process.

As of the recent discussions; We could try the "co-sponsorship" before the
voting process? Say one or two people confirm they think the voting process
should be continued after the discussion has ended?

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16