[aur-general] PKGBUILD for an .AppImage

Tom Hale tom at hale.ee
Thu Oct 11 06:12:26 UTC 2018

I searched through the forums and can't find anything on packaging an
AppImage.

The only app referenced (upwork-appimage) is no longer available.

The particular AppImage in question is:
https://github.com/robert7/nixnote2/releases

How do I search this mailing list online?

What advice would you give with .AppImages?

I *could* rip it open, but the only snag I hit was the binary is linked
to `libhunspell-1.3.so.0` whereas Arch has `/usr/lib/libhunspell-1.6.so.0`.

Would it be a no-no to install this previous libhunspell version in
/usr/lib?

If using an unextacted AppImage, where should I install the .AppImage
itself?

/usr/bin/$pkgname.AppImage with a simlink from /usr/bin/$pkgname?

Cheers,

--
Tom Hale