[aur-general] TU Application: Daniel Bermond (dbermond)

Doug Newgard scimmia at archlinux.org
Sun Oct 14 22:36:16 UTC 2018

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 18:35:53 -0300
Daniel Bermond via aur-general <aur-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> I usually don't use pgp on my aur packages because people tend to
> complain a lot about building issues. They fail to handle the keys and
> start complaining to the packager, and this is a big stress. When
> dealing with repository packages this is another story, of course. Since
> this was raised as a main issue, I'll be adding the pgp checks back again.
>
> I know that we should not use msg2 because it's makepkg internal. But it
> helps to diagnose user problems by helping to identify at which stage a
> build error is happening. For sure I can remove it if required to. ;)

You're not helping your case. The pgp issue has well been covered, so I'll skip
that for now.

For msg2, the response that you know you're not supposed to use it but decided
to anyway doesn't inspire confidence. printf or echo would have done the job
just as well, but you used something you knew you weren't supposed to?

To clarify, as I originally said, your PKGBUILDs that I spot checked are
generally good and I think you could make a good TU. You seem to be willing to
work with people, and that's a good sign. There's just some things that make me
wonder if now is the time.

Doug