[aur-general] Fwd: Re: How do I show a AUR Rebuild as a newer build?

LoneVVolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 22 11:52:24 UTC 2018

On 22/10/2018 12.16, hagar wrote:

>> Or is the answer simply: "Don't rely on package versioning for your
>> modified packages"?
>>
>> Best,
>> Tinu
>
> Unfortunately maybe something is needed as I use a local repository to
> serve my localnet.
>
> I build once and then install by update from my repository.
>
> Several times I have had to rebuild a package due to a dependency
> version change.
>
> In order for the other computers to recognize and download a rebuild the
> version has to increase somehow.
>
> Maybe an actual policy is required to control these rebuilds.
>

> For example Anjuta.
>
> This package does require a rebuild as a dependency has changed leading
> to a broken executable.
>
> I have had to rebuild it on my own server in order to fix it as it has
> not been rebuilt yet.

I think this can be solved by clarifying what upstream is.

example :
archlinux foo package has foo.org as upstream
archlinux32 uses archlinux foo package as base , upstream = archlinux
manjaro32 uses archlinux32 package as base , upstream = archlinux32

say foo is at version 8.2.5
archlinux has 8.2.5-2
archlinux32 then uses 8.2.5.arch.2 as pkgver and adds 3 as their pkgrel
manjaro32 uses 8.2.5.2.arch.2.arch32.3 as pkgver and their own pkgrel.

This shows the chain between downstream and all upstreams .

LVV