[aur-general] Fwd: Re: How do I show a AUR Rebuild as a newer build?

Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon at manjaro.org
Mon Oct 22 20:52:00 UTC 2018

On 22/10/2018 11:27, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:
> To clarify the confusion here, this is not a decimal.
>
> 1.0 is no different here than in the pkgver itself -- it is 1, and a
> subrel of 0.
> So Jonathon's system only works at all, due to the fact that whenever
> archlinux32 downgrades the pkgrel, he upgrades it again.

This is good information.

I've not seen this cause an issue yet, but probably only because arch32
don't tend to increment subrel.

I'll need to find another approach here... I can see this causing
spurious errors with packages built against different/incorrect library
versions (i.e. I rebuild 1.0 as 1.01 then arch32 rebuild as 1.1 and it's
not seen as a newer version).

I _really_ don't want to start hacking makepkg to remove/bypass the
"ERROR: pkgrel must be a decimal".

Anyway - this is OT and my own (self-inflicted?) problem.

( and yes, hundredths - but then _"technically"_ all hundredths are also
thousandths :P )