[aur-general] Fwd: Re: How do I show a AUR Rebuild as a newer build?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 22 21:17:15 UTC 2018

On 10/22/18 4:52 PM, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
> I'll need to find another approach here... I can see this causing
> spurious errors with packages built against different/incorrect library
> versions (i.e. I rebuild 1.0 as 1.01 then arch32 rebuild as 1.1 and it's
> not seen as a newer version).

I suppose you could collaborate so that they use 1.10 and you use 1.11

10 < 11 < 20

> I _really_ don't want to start hacking makepkg to remove/bypass the
> "ERROR: pkgrel must be a decimal".
Which parabola does, but they also have people who hack on makepkg, and
if pacman started rejecting these packages they would be sufficiently
motivated to maintain compatibility in in their own distribution. They
make heavy use of this, so I guess it makes sense for internal use.

> Anyway - this is OT and my own (self-inflicted?) problem.

Seems on topic to me.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User