[aur-general] About bullying in our community (Was: TU Application)

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Oct 30 22:23:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 30-10-18, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> Em outubro 30, 2018 16:07 Ralf Mardorf escreveu:
> > Apparently this TU has got special rights. That he could behave like
> > this again and again does strengthen him to continue doing it.
> >
> This thread has lived much longer than it's purpose. Let's stop this right now.
>
> I'm placing this list into emergency moderation if this continues. I'm confident
> all the parties understood what happened by now and how to avoid this in the future.

It was not my intention to start a debate on whether we should call what
happened "bullying" or "violent".  Let's call that "problematic behaviour"
if that is easier.  Given that several people (including TUs) expressed
that it was inappropriate, the problem is real -- and recurring.

My intention was to expose the problem and start discussing ways to ensure
that it will not happen again.  If the matter is to be "handled
internally" and it is handled successfully, then both goals are fulfilled
and the subject is closed for me.

Anyway, I'm off for vacations so I won't monitor the list until next week.

Baptiste