[aur-general] About bullying in our community (Was: TU Application)

Daniel Capella polycitizen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:50:08 UTC 2018

17:16 <dmc> grazzolini, but we're finally getting somewhere :\
17:37 <dmc> grazzolini, the reason it continues is because they're an
underlying problem we're trying to solve
17:37 <dmc> that's long overdue
17:38 <dmc> there's*
17:38 <dmc> I'm afraid this is just a temporary band-aid
17:39 <dmc> eg. I just rejoined #archlinux-offtopic after months of leaving
FOR THIS EXACT REASON
17:39 <dmc> then "sangy | Foxboron: don't try to downplay toxic behavior
from dmc"
17:40 <dmc> I understand wanting to get the thread behind us because of how
bad it looks, but .. it is what it is
17:40 <Foxboron> dmc: Yo, it was an attempt at a poor joke
17:41 <dmc> it was a direct jab
17:41 <sangy> it is not a joke
17:41 <Foxboron> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
17:41 <dmc> we're literally going on about professionalism
17:41  * Foxboron finds the door
17:41 <dmc> see?
17:41 <sangy> do you not think your attitude is toxic?
17:42 <dmc> why should I continue with you?
17:42 <sangy> the first think I told you was "I'm disapointed that you're
not trying to help me find a solution and just fanned the flames"
17:42 <sangy> the first thing you said was 'k'
17:42 <sangy> there you go
17:43 <dmc> grazzolini, the thread isn't trolling. if people want their
voices to be heard, to speak out against bullying.. you shouldn't moderate
that
17:45 <dmc> dmc | sangy, honestly I don't know if you actually care or just
are putting on a show
17:45 <coderobe> could you not
17:45 <coderobe> this is still -testing, and that argument is incredibly
unproductive
17:46 <dmc> because you asked nicely
17:47 <jasonwryan> this is my fault: I worng windowed my original comment
17:47 <jasonwryan> sorry: this discussion does /not/ belong here
17:48 <Foxboron> That was my assumption :p
17:48 <dmc> of course not

--
Best,
polyzen