[aur-general] IJulia and Julia library/module packages

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 2 17:42:13 UTC 2018

On 9/2/18 1:13 PM, Jonathon Fernyhough wrote:
> I'm also interested in any general PKGBUILD feedback, including any
> depends which should be makedepends or checkdepends. If you find an easy
> way to tell what should be what then I'm all ears!

The things which immediately jumped out at me were:

- declaring a "custom" license when it is in fact MIT
- not quoting srcdir/pkgdir

> Of particular note is the very hacky way of creating files which would
> otherwise be generated by Pkg.build()... there _must_ be a cleaner way
> of doing that.

Try to see if Pkg.build() can run in a "$srcdir" environment to "build"
the project in build(), complete with necessary runtime-generated files.
Then cp this over instead.

Anyway, you probably want to provide the files in source=() rather than
inlined through messy, difficult-to-read-and-review heredocs. It would
separate the data you're trying to install, from the process you use to
install it...

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User