[aur-general] nextcloud-client: suggestion of moving to [community]

Bruno Pagani bruno.n.pagani at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:09:13 UTC 2018

Hi,

Le 20/09/2018 à 21:34, Damian Nowak via aur-general a écrit :
> Hello!
>
> Back in 2014, I sent the same request for owncloud-client.
>
> This time, I'd like to suggest nextcloud-client [1] as a potential
> candidate for [community]. It has 240 votes, nextcloud (the webapp) is
> already in [community], while owncloud (webapp) was moved to AUR a
> long time ago.
>
> Please note Nextcloud client is fully compatible with Owncloud server,
> and vice versa. I still use Owncloud server from AUR on my server,
> while using Nextcloud client across all my devices (Arch Linux, OSX
> and Android).
>
> Thank you for you consideration.
>
> CC Antonio, a TU maintainer of owncloud-client [2]
>
> [1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nextcloud-client/
> [2]: https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/owncloud-client/
>
> -Nowaker

As long as the next release won’t be out, there is no point in that. The
only difference is theming, and you see in the PKGBUILD
(https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=nextcloud-client#n25)
that the actual code is still owncloud-client one.

When the next release of Nextcloud client will be out, it will be added
to the repo for sure. BTW if you want to install what is going to be the
next Nextcloud client, you should look at
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nextcloud-desktop-git
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nextcloud-client-git is a dummy
package now, since the theming repo is deprecated). I’m just not sure
whether the proper name should be nextcloud-desktop or nextcloud-client,
but the PKGBUILD from nextcloud-desktop-git is the one that should stay.

Regards,

Bruno/Archange