[aur-general] Can someone make sure pkg adwaita-creamy is users not knowing what they're doing, rather than AUR bugs?

james harvey jamespharvey20 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 08:07:36 UTC 2019

Hoping someone can look at the non-public history of the AUR package
with "pkgbase=pkgbase" and "pkgname=adwaita-creamy".  The repo started
as an embedded programming language, and is now a GTK Adwaita theme.

I am expecting the non-public history will just show a weird sequence
of events combined with several users not understanding pkgbase.  I
could be wrong, and this could show bug(s) with the AUR, so I wanted
to mention it.

A few days ago, an IRC user made the same mistake and was being denied
pushing to pkgbase.git since it existed.  I go them squared away, and
that led me to this lovely AUR repo.

What I'm betting happened follows.  I think on Feb 25, "Stoyan Minaev"
pushed "pkgname=loli" without a pkgbase.  He made more pushes,
inserting and changing pkgbase a total of 6 times until deciding
"pkgbase=pkgbase" was correct way.  I think he then disowned the
package.  Then, on Mar 2, maybe "Murat Çileli" unknowingly adopted the
package by pushing into it his new PKGBUILD.  Maybe he checked it out,
was confused, changed it to his different package and pushed it.

This had too many WTF's, so wanted someone to look at the non-public
history.  I don't know if it's intended to be able to change an
existing package's git repo name.  I don't know if it's intended to be
able to adopt a package by just pushing into it if it's an orphan.
(Alternatively, maybe Murat adopted through the website.)  I don't
know if Stoyan disowned anything.