[aur-general] Are AUR VCS packages that depend on AUR VCS packages from other projects a good idea and who should decide on that ?

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 29 23:32:58 UTC 2019

Thanks for all replies.

I've thought about this and think I have found a way that will work for
all users.

My idea is to introduce a new environment variable, mesa_use_llvm .

It can have the following values :

1 > use aur llvm-lw-git and co

2 > use aur llvm-git and co

3 > use lordheavy unoffical repo llvm-svn and co

4 > use [extra] llvm and co

If mesa_use_llvm is indefined or something else then 1,2,3,4 fallback to
value 1.

In the PKGBUILD I'll use depends+= / makedepends+= to add the correct
packages.

Choosing which llvm to built against is then setting an environment
variable.

Do you guys and girls think this way is a good idea ?

Lone_Wolf