[aur-general] TU membership application

Jean Lucas jean at 4ray.co
Fri Aug 16 19:19:56 UTC 2019

Hi all,

My name is Jean Lucas, and I'm sending this email to submit my candidacy
for Trusted User member. As per the latest TU bylaws, I'm being
sponsored by both Alexander Rødseth and Sergej Pupykin.

I've been an Arch Linux user since around a little before I registered
my AUR account (January 2015, username "flacks" [1]), and I've recently
had a few of my packages adopted into [community], namely "cage",
"coturn", and "swaybg".

I'm currently a computer science student with a particular interest in
software engineering ranging from low-level (with a few contributions to
projects like coreboot and postmarketOS) all the way up to web
development (my current focus), and as such, would love to help maintain
Arch's [community] repo in an official capacity to be part of the team
that gives Arch users a robust, high-quality Linux software experience;
as well as to help maintain, manage, and watch over the operation of the
AUR and it's vast sea of software packaging recipes.

If I were accepted to become a TU, I'd like to adopt and move the
following packages (all having over 10 votes in the AUR) from the AUR
into [community]:

anydesk, downgrade, exercism, flutter, godot, itch, mattermost-desktop,
nvm, reaper, spotify, teamviewer, thermald, unity-editor, and unityhub,
for starters!

Additionally, I would express my willingness to help co-maintain
"firejail" (already in [community]), as its a project I have a higher
interest in and contribute to occasionally; as well as to help get
"ghidra" in good enough shape to propose moving it into [community],
since I've had lots of fun building it [2], its a phenomenal piece of
open-source software, and it'd be nice to have it officially supported
by the Arch community (it also has a nice number of votes in the AUR)!

Thank you for your time, and thank you to all who help make Arch a great OS!

Best regards,

Jean Lucas

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/account/flacks
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/log/?h=ghidra-git