[aur-general] TU membership application

Jean Lucas jean at 4ray.co
Sun Aug 18 00:46:00 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-18 at 02:12 +0200, Alad Wenter via aur-general wrote:
> > I reached out to Alad sometime in between, but he never responded
> > to my profile review request;
>
> While I don't claim to be the most apt in responding to emails, I see
> no Jean Lucas orjean at 4ray.co  in my mailbox.
> I guess that's why I did not respond then.

I contacted Alexander, you and Robin over IRC, you must've just not
seen my message. I don't blame you, though - IRC isn't exactly the best
place to leave messages for others if they're AFK, unless the recipient
is an avid IRC user, IMO.

> > That said, I think its a bit unfair to say that I went off and
> > found
> > another sponsor without batting an eye
>
> That doesn't really matter - the admission guidelines [1] cleary say
> that you should mention any previous sponsors you've contacted.
>
> ]1]
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted_Users#How_do_I_become_a_TU
> ?

For the record, it says "Should the TU you contact decline to sponsor
your application, you should make this fact known if you seek
sponsorship from another TU." - that should be reworded to something
similar to what you said instead, given the recent amendment to the TU
bylaws of needing two sponsors instead of one.

Either way, I had forgotten about that part, so I failed to bring it up
with the TUs I was in contact with. My apologies. In hindsight, it
would've been a pragmatic idea.