[aur-general] TU membership application
santiago at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 18 02:51:57 UTC 2019
On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 03:19:56PM -0400, Jean Lucas via aur-general wrote:
> Hi all,
> Thank you for your time, and thank you to all who help make Arch a great OS!
Always happy to help! :)
It's customary to review PKGBUILDS for new applicants. This is somewhat
of a quick/cursory review over 3 random packages as I've been in
conferences for the whole week.
== Overall ==
- It appears you need quote strings way more everywhere, from deps, to licenses
- Consider that base-devel is assumed to exist for makedepends and (iirc).
== Beaker ==
- This depends array has to be wrong
- This makedepends array too. you should make sure things aren't depending on
- I'm also a little confused, did you take over the namespace of another
project called beaker? Why not just call this beaker browser?
== Oxy ==
- I think you should document why you're cherry-picking that commit rather than
using a tag. Admittedly this is probably upstream's fault, but still, better
to be clear.
- Again, I think your depends are either too verbose or wrong.
== stf ==
- This appears to me it's a -bin package
- npm -i -g --prefix seems like a good way to overwrite a bunch of system files
and/or cause a bunch of file conflicts
- I think you can use $pkgname more often, namely when resolving the url and
resolving the tgz file
- I'm curious to know where you got those depends arays, they seem to be a
little off... do you really need python, graphicksmagic and protobuf to
basically extract a tarball?
- I'm also not sure why *everything* is just blindly put on /usr
== Conclusion ==
- I think you are on the right path, but some decisions made me wonder whether
your sponsors actually reviewed the PKGBUILDS with you.
Hope this helps,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the aur-general