[aur-general] TU membership application

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Aug 18 05:14:10 UTC 2019

On 8/18/19 12:26 AM, Santiago Torres-Arias wrote:
>>> - This appears to me it's a -bin package
>>
>> Why? It looks like some sort of standard js-based source package on the
>> NPM registry.
>>

> well, judging from the lack of build() I'd assume so. I'm not too
> familiar with npm, but if t is running build commands (as you concede
> down in the email it may be happening) then that probably should happen
> inside of build()?

That's what I do for rapydscript-ng. If you try to npm install in
build() and then npm install --prefix="$pkgdir/usr" in package(), I'm
pretty sure it will just build a second copy all over again, during the
package() step.

Repeat after me: "curse you, npm".

It is very, very, very difficult to provide meaningful criticism of an
npm PKGBUILD. There aren't a lot of options when it comes to packaging
this language.

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User