[aur-general] TU membership application

Jean Lucas jean at 4ray.co
Mon Aug 19 08:33:43 UTC 2019

On Sun, 2019-08-18 at 01:14 -0400, Eli Schwartz via aur-general wrote:

> > > Why? It looks like some sort of standard js-based source package
> > > on the
> > > NPM registry.
> > >

> > well, judging from the lack of build() I'd assume so. I'm not too
> > familiar with npm, but if t is running build commands (as you
> > concede
> > down in the email it may be happening) then that probably should
> > happen
> > inside of build()?
>
> That's what I do for rapydscript-ng. If you try to npm install in
> build() and then npm install --prefix="$pkgdir/usr" in package(), I'm
> pretty sure it will just build a second copy all over again, during
> the
> package() step.

I'm not a makepkg expert so please correct me if I'm wrong, but from
reading the PKGBUILD man page (and knowing build() is considered
optional), it doesn't seem like build() has any particularly different
configuration that would affect the build of the package vis-à-vis
building within package().

> Repeat after me: "curse you, npm".

Repeating that is the only way I fall asleep.