[aur-general] Trusted user application: Drew DeVault

Andrew Crerar andrew at crerar.io
Wed Feb 27 14:39:52 UTC 2019

On 2/27/19 3:10 PM, Darren Wu via aur-general wrote:
> As a complete newbie I might not have the rights to chime in here.
As a member of the community, regardless of how long you've been around, you are
absolutely entitled to post to threads on aur-general :) All we ask is everyone
keeps things civil in nature ;)

> But isn't it never too late if Mr. DeVault may add an apologetic comment to
> @noobpurple under https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/1227 now?
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Darren Wu
>I honestly think Necroposting on that GitHub issue would not be a good idea.

In reading this thread so far it's clear to me that Drew just lost his temper,
as we all sometimes do. By observing his efforts to explain, acknowledge (the
first step towards correcting something undesirable in oneself), and take
actions to adjust his behavior, I'd say I'm personally okay with his current
demeanor.

It goes without saying that there is an expectation amongst Dev's and TU's to be
professional with user requests, bug reports, etc. I am of the opinion that if
Drew decides to "turn" and revert back, then we as TU's address it then.
However, until then, I think the behavior in the application should represent
who he is now.

Regards,

Andrew