[aur-general] Trusted user application: Drew DeVault

Thore Bödecker me at foxxx0.de
Wed Feb 27 14:44:31 UTC 2019

Hey,

let me just quickly thank all people who have participated in this
thread thus far.
I'm seeing a very polite, respectful and constructive discussion from
all sides, which I very much enjoyed reading.

On 27.02.19 08:53, Drew DeVault via aur-general wrote:
> Instead I'd like to ask this: if I'm to be damned by my past behaviors,
> is there a path to redemption? Is there any criteria we could establish
> for demonstrating good behavior? Or, would I have to live with a forever
> vague sense of unease among the voters? Not to say that the unease isn't
> justified - it may in fact by the right answer to reject applications
> based on that unease. If any concerned can think of more tangible
> criteria, though, it would make it easier for me to dispell your
> concerns or give me some personal development goals to meet.

Personally I think that you have already shown in this thread, that
you are capable of handling criticism and that you are willing to
improve in areas where there are concerns.

When I was a fresh TU I had some minor frictions with some of the
long-term devs and TUs, which affected my mood and motivation.
Fortunately, after talking to the people in question and expressing my
displease, this situation improved very quickly and there were no hurt
feelings.

Just seeing that you are actively seeking out ways to improve your
attitude and social behaviour seems like a very good sign to me.

We are all human individuals and certainly not perfect.
Communication is both cause and solution to most issues, thus we
should always just try to be open to ideas, be respectful and polite
to others and be willing to make compromises.
Most of the time someone is not even aware that their phrasing might
offend someone and just needs to made aware of that.

I'm looking forward to further replies in this thread and you
possibly being voted in. :)

Cheers,
Thore

--
Thore Bödecker

GPG ID: 0xD622431AF8DB80F3
GPG FP: 0F96 559D 3556 24FC 2226  A864 D622 431A F8DB 80F3