[aur-general] Trusted user application: Drew DeVault

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Feb 27 15:10:43 UTC 2019

Em fevereiro 27, 2019 10:53 Drew DeVault via aur-general escreveu:
> On 2019-02-26 11:37 PM, Brett Cornwall via aur-general wrote:
>> I would also chip in with the following from early 2017:
>>
>> https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/1227
>>
>> (I am also not in any sort of witch hunt, just thought this would be
>> relevant.)
>
> It should go without saying that I regret what I said here as well. I
> was going some stressful financial problems when those comments were
> written.  Doesn't excuse anything, and I'm sure we could find examples
> of my jerkitude that I can't say the same for.
>
> Instead I'd like to ask this: if I'm to be damned by my past behaviors,
> is there a path to redemption? Is there any criteria we could establish
> for demonstrating good behavior? Or, would I have to live with a forever
> vague sense of unease among the voters? Not to say that the unease isn't
> justified - it may in fact by the right answer to reject applications
> based on that unease. If any concerned can think of more tangible
> criteria, though, it would make it easier for me to dispell your
> concerns or give me some personal development goals to meet.

I don't think that's needed, you have proven so far that you can handle
criticism, which is a good indicative. As I said, I was just surprised.
You never know, sometime you might get someone on a bad mood or something
like that. I stand by what I said though, that everything should be taken
into consideration. Including past behavior and present, which doesn't mean
to focus on the bad stuff, or just wash it away with good stuff. After all,
we're all a sum of all that, good or bad.

I appreciate that your sponsors are also backing you up in this, not just
technically. Thanks and I wish you luck.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini