[aur-general] Purge of packages orphaned, out-of-date, and last updated before 2017

Daniel M. Capella polyzen at archlinux.org
Sun Jan 27 01:50:48 UTC 2019

Quoting David Runge (2019-01-26 05:23:37)
> On 2019-01-26 08:01:46 (+0100), Alad Wenter via aur-general wrote:
> > Not too long after I became TU I deleted something of ~2000 packages,
> > based on similar "criteria" and after seeing no "objections" on IRC
> > after a while. After the deed was done I got emails, angry shouting on
> > IRC and complaints for the following 6 months on BBS and other places.
> "they took our packages" *rantyface* *screaming*
>
> > tl;dr use requests like everyone else, or patch aurweb to have "batch requests"
> Yes, please requests! This way stuff at least gets to the mailing list
> and is somewhat documented.
>
> --
> https://sleepmap.de

Thank you for your level-headed responses. More to add to my long list
of aurweb patch ideas.

I wonder if Johannes' "Make delete and merge links create an
auto-accepted request" patch[] being deployed would be sufficient. I
readily accept requests for this criteria, but couldn't imagine manually
accepting almost 500 of them with the current setup.

https://patchwork.archlinux.org/patch/911/

--
Best,
polyzen