[aur-general] Trouble receiving email to reset password

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Wed Jul 17 18:01:03 UTC 2019

On 7/17/19 9:32 AM, Etienne Wan via aur-general wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I had an account with the username etiennewan for some months now. I
> tried to login today but was not able to, so tried to send a reset email
> to the email address the account was registered with, but I did not
> receive anything.

I don't see an existing AUR user by that username or email address. When
did you create it?

> I signed up a new account today with the same username
> (and it was accepted) and this email address, but I did not receive any
> email to set my password. Can you help me on this ?
>
> Thank you in advance,

This does not make any sense. If you created an account with the same
name, that means the account did not used to exist.

Note that the mysql database did run pretty low on disk space today, so
writes were failing. If I assume that the account never existed, then
it's possible you tried creating it today, and it seemed to work from
the website but never registered in the backend. Since the disk space
issue is now resolved, can you try signing up again?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User