[aur-general] Advise on updating/uploading binary package

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 12:28:20 UTC 2019

I've been using cin-git for a while (which draws on cinelerra-gg project).
For those who are unfamiliar, there's the 'original' (old and out-of-date)
cinelerra, and a newer cinelerra-heroine, and the most popular one is
cinelerra-gg.

The 'cin-bin' PKGBUILD on AUR points to the original website, and is
practically useless in an up-to-date Arch system. For convenience (and
because recently some problems have been happening with cin-git), I want to
upload a binary verison of cinelerra-gg. As cin-bin is currently quite
useless (and IMO the -gg project is the real heir of the cinelerra
heritage), is there any reason I shouldn't adopt it and update it to point
to cinelerra-gg binary package?