[aur-general] Virtualbox quite suddenly can't access shared folder anymore

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 27 12:25:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

on 2019-07-25 systemd-udev-reload.hook was running, let alone that I
rebooted, before later that day, I used a shared folder by a Windows 7
guest, without experiencing an issue. I don't notice a related upgrade
since then, systemd-udev-reload.hook wasn't running anymore, but I
rebooted in the meantime. If I try to use a shared folder today,
Windows 7 crashes and the VirtualBox log mentions
"Failed to open "/dev/vboxdrvu", errno=13, rc=VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_ACCESSIBLE".
I tried with two kernels. I don't know if it is related to udev at all.

$ pacman -Q virtualbox-bin
virtualbox-bin 6.0.10-1
$ ls -hAld /dev/vbox*
crw------- 1 root root      10, 56 Jul 27 13:00 /dev/vboxdrv
crw------- 1 root root      10, 55 Jul 27 13:00 /dev/vboxdrvu
crw------- 1 root root      10, 54 Jul 27 13:00 /dev/vboxnetctl
drwxr-x--- 3 root vboxusers     60 Jul 27 13:00 /dev/vboxusb

As soon as possible, I need to use the guest with a shared folder again,
but I don't have a clue how to fix the issue.
Unfortunately https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/virtualbox-bin/ is down
due to maintenance.

Regards,
Ralf