[aur-general] Virtualbox quite suddenly can't access shared folder anymore

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jul 27 17:57:58 UTC 2019

Update:

I moved this thread to the virtualbox-bin comments,
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/virtualbox-bin/#comment-702048:

 Ralf_Mardorf commented on 2019-07-27 17:50 (edited on 2019-07-27 17:51
 by Ralf_Mardorf)

Hi, a Windows 7 guest quite suddenly can't access a shared folder
anymore. If I open the shared folder, I get a BlueScreen and Windows 7
immediately crashes and restarts, see
[aur-general](https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2019-July/035220.html).
In the meantime I tested 3 different kernels and restored Windows 7
from a snapshot, as well as Windows 7 and ~/.VirtualBox/ from a backup.
Windows doesn't provide useful information, but the VirtualBox logs
mention "Failed to open "/dev/vboxdrvu", errno=13,
rc=VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_ACCESSIBLE", which seems to lead to a
vboxdrv.rules issue. However, even after getting rid of the "Failed to
open "/dev/vboxdrvu", errno=13, rc=VERR_VM_DRIVER_NOT_ACCESSIBLE"
message, by using vboxdrv.rules from the community package, the Windows
guest still crashes, see
[aur-general](https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2019-July/035221.html).

--
pacman -Q linux{,-rt{-cornflower,-pussytoes,,-securityink}}|cut -d\  -f2
5.2.3.arch1-1