[aur-general] Copyrighted source on https://aur.archlinux.org/

Jones, Philip philip.m.jones at siemens.com
Tue Jun 25 17:20:53 UTC 2019

Thank you all for your replies. A quick summary form my viewpoint:

1) Yes, the copyright is CD-adapco and they are old files from many years ago and we were since acquired by Siemens and they acquired the copyright.
2) The tarball is a mix of our copyright code and GPL open source (ADF which was part of CGNS which later became HDF5). GPL source can be distributed, no problems with that, the issue is with our own IP.
3) I am in contact with the US .gov site to get them to take down the original tarball which is obviously the definitive action but that will then leave you with a dangling link. If it is as popular as indicate that may not be an issue 😉

Philip