[aur-general] Copyrighted source on https://aur.archlinux.org/

Daniel Berjón Díez asuranceturix at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:09:03 UTC 2019

Hi Santiago, all,

I'm very new to Arch and I don't know if the package I'm going to put
forward as an example violates itself any AUR rule, but for instance
'ufsd-pro-dkms' [1] depends on a file that is not freely distributable, and
the PKGBUILD has a file:// URL, so the user has to procure the file herself
to build it; maybe this solution is more reasonable than deleting the
package altogether, so that users that do want to install it don't have to
create their own PKGBUILD needlessly.

Cheers,
Daniel

[1]: https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=ufsd-pro-dkms