[aur-general] The Impossible, or: Static analysis of PKGBUILDS (was Re: Enforcing AUR package quality)

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Fri Mar 1 14:32:17 UTC 2019

TL;DR:

I think this is a people-problem that cannot be solved like this.

alad pointed out on IRC that:
> the bug reports pre-srcinfo which tried to parse bash and terribly failed
> people actually hacked around their PKGBUILDs so the right information would show on aurweb

This is going to repeat itself.

If you're looking to increase the mean quality of AUR PKGBUILDs,
the first thing that might have to be done is a change of policy.

I think that if "builds in a clean chroot" (+ a better page on how to)
was a rule for AUR submission, people would *automatically* take more care.

--
Rob (coderobe)