[aur-general] Are AUR VCS packages that depend on AUR VCS packages from other projects a good idea and who should decide on that ?

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sat May 4 22:24:28 UTC 2019

I have decided how to proceed with mesa trunk / llvm trunk building.

There are now 6 lone_wolf-* packages in AUR that show how I want to do
things.

Although Scimmia intensely disliked it, I have implemented the
environment variable idea in lone_wolf-mesa-git .

First tests are promising, I could succesfully build mesa trunk against
stable llvm with this command :

lone_wolf_use_llvm=4 makepkg -Crs

After some more testing I'll use the same method in
lone_wolf-lib32-mesa-git .

Whether those PKGBUILDs will be used in future aur mesa-git ,
exclusively in aur lone_wolf-* packages or not present in AUR at all is
a decision TUs must take.

I uploaded my first AUR package somewhere in 2006 and would hate to have
to take my packages elsewhere.

However TUs have always been the people that administer AUR not the
users. IF TUs tell me my packages are not wanted in AUR I have to follow
my own personal standards and remove the packages.

Waiting for a decision, Lone_Wolf