[aur-general] Are AUR VCS packages that depend on AUR VCS packages from other projects a good idea and who should decide on that ?

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Sun May 5 09:02:48 UTC 2019

On 05-05-2019 00:39, Daniel M. Capella via aur-general wrote:
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2019-May/031274.html
>
> https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-requests/2019-May/031310.html
>
> v_v
>
> --
> Best,
> Daniel <https://danielcapella.com>

The 031274 message was an overreaction by me, but I should have added
more test to the new request.

Creating 6 new packages and making sure they build takes time, when I
submitted the new merge requests I had little time left.

Here's a long version :

The old scheme was pkgname_without_git-lw-git . It looked confusing and
wasn't clear enough.

By changing to lone_wolf-$pkgname the name scheme looks a lot more
consistent and the package is clearly linked to my aur/forum nick.

I tried to think of clearer naming but couldn't find a way to do that in
less then 8 words, which would make the package names consist of 10 to
12 words.

In my opinion lone_wolf-$pkgname is the best compromise between clarity
and brevity.

Thanks for the reminder, Daniel .

Lone