[aur-general] Are AUR VCS packages that depend on AUR VCS packages from other projects a good idea and who should decide on that ?

Robin Broda arch-ml at coderobe.net
Mon May 6 10:37:32 UTC 2019

On 5/6/19 12:28 PM, Lone_Wolf wrote:
> Quoting myself :
>
> On 05-05-2019 00:24, Lone_Wolf wrote:
>> Whether those PKGBUILDs will be used in future aur mesa-git , exclusively in aur lone_wolf-* packages or not present in AUR at all is a decision TUs must take.
>>

> If no decision has been reached by june 3, I'll submit deletion requests for those 6 packages myself.
>
> LVV

What decision is there to be reached by anyone?

I am a TU and I merely quoted a page off our Wiki to you.

Going by that "rule", I don't think lone_wolf-* packages have a place in the AUR.
Unless you can figure out a better, fitting name.

As it stands i still don't see how these pkgbuilds solve anything.
Now, instead of editing one word in the PKGBUILD you supply an env var...

--
Rob (coderobe)