[aur-general] Are AUR VCS packages that depend on AUR VCS packages from other projects a good idea and who should decide on that ?

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue May 7 17:42:20 UTC 2019

On 5/6/19 6:37 AM, Robin Broda via aur-general wrote:
> I merely quoted a page off our Wiki to you.
>
> Going by that "rule", I don't think lone_wolf-* packages have a place in the AUR.
> Unless you can figure out a better, fitting name.

I think "mesa-git" is probably fine.

> As it stands i still don't see how these pkgbuilds solve anything.
> Now, instead of editing one word in the PKGBUILD you supply an env var...

We could always go back to the initial suggestion of editing one word in
the PKGBUILD, which works pretty well for a number of other packages,
last I checked. I mean, we do assume users read the PKGBUILD before
executing untrusted code, right?

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User