[aur-general] Doubt conflict array & request check PKGBUILDS

Iyán Méndez Veiga me at iyanmv.com
Wed Oct 23 19:22:27 UTC 2019

El miércoles, 16 de octubre de 2019 22:50:09 (CEST) Eli Schwartz via aur-
general escribió:

> Each version of adwaita-qt will install a single file IIRC, that file
> being /usr/lib/qt/plugins/styles/adwaita.so
>
> Thus, logically, one cannot install both the Qt4 and Qt5 versions
> simultaneously, because the packages will error out with a conflicting
> files message.

Hi Eli,

Reading again your message I am still not quite sure you are right. It should
be possible to install both adwaita-qt and adwaita-qt4 at the same time so
both qt5 and qt4 apps use the theme.

Besides, adwaita-qt4 installs adwaita.so in /usr/lib/qt4/... while adwaita-qt
is in /usr/lib/qt/...

If you think you are right, then wiki should also be fixed:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/
Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications#Adwaita

Thanks,
Iyán