[aur-general] aur client

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 29 17:09:41 UTC 2019

On 10/29/19 1:06 PM, Giancarlo Razzolini via aur-general wrote:
> Em outubro 29, 2019 12:55 Loui Chang escreveu:
>>
>> Please rename your project to avoid confusion. I'm surprised that the
>> name
>> wasn't already blacklisted. I would hope some TU does add 'aur' to the
>> blacklist
>> of package names.
>>

> There is no "blacklist". Having said that, I don't think that name is
> good at all.

Correction: there is "a blacklist", but it's only used to prevent
namespace conflicts for users who attempt to upload packages named the
same pkgname as a package in the binary repos.

It is correct to say we have never attempted to blacklist names which
"shouldn't be allowed to exist as packages because $person dislikes the
name".

"aur" isn't inherently a bad name, I could conceive of it being the name
for a package which installs the aur.archlinux.org software, though
"aurweb" would be an even better name. ;)

--
Eli Schwartz
Bug Wrangler and Trusted User