[aur-general] AUR - Best Practices when Package no longer Supported for Linux upstream but LTS fine?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 20 04:53:55 UTC 2020

Aur devs,

  The virtualbox 5.2 branch is unsupported as of July 2020. Oracle continues
to put out testbuilds for 5.2, but currently it does not build with 5.8 (LTS
is fine). 5.2.44 was the last release for the 5.2 branch and there will be no
further updates to support Linux 5.8. What do I do with the package? Do I mark
it LTS only in some way, or just disown it or have it removed?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.