[aur-general] AUR - Best Practices when Package no longer Supported for Linux upstream but LTS fine?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 20 20:45:49 UTC 2020

On 8/20/20 5:04 AM, Xyne wrote:
> Given that there are only 4 votes even before 5.8 was released, there doesn't
> seem to be a lot of demand for the package. Maintaining it until the very end
> of obsolescence probably isn't worth it so I would file a removal request
> citing the incompatibility with 5.8. If someone really wants to resurrect it,
> they can.

Orphan Request Submitted,

  Since 5.2 did continue to provide functionality that was not yet mature in
the rewite that are the 6.0/6.1 branches, an immediate deletion isn't
warranted as the package used with LTS may well provide a seamless bridge
while bugs are resolved against the 6.0/6.1 branches for some users. The
entire 6.0/6.1 platform is barely 7 months old at this point.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.